Two years ago I started the May Scripture Challenge as a way for us to keep each other accountable and encourage each other to spend time in the Word. I was amazed at the community that came together and committed to reading Scripture every day in the month of May…so this year…we are doing it again! I would love for you to join us! Join us on instagram, or in our Facebook group!
- Read scripture every day in the month of May.
- Share a photo on instagram or Facebook using the hashtag #lampandlight so that we can encourage each other on the journey and inspire others to make Scripture a priority.
How to get ready:
- Decide what you are going to read. I recommend choosing a book of the Bible and starting at the beginning, but if you are already in a reading plan or going through a study you don’t need to choose something else.
As an additional option this year, we will be studying the book of James with the Grace Upon Grace study. You can purchase the study in our shop if you would like to follow the same reading plan.
- Prepare your heart. Ask God to encourage your heart throughout the month of May, and instill in you a love and desire for God’s Word.
- Ask a friend to join you. I will be here to cheer you on, and will be checking out the hashtag often, but it would be great to ask a friend or a few to try to commit with you so that you can encourage each other.
- If you aren’t sure how to study Scripture, you can read this post about how I do it.
- Share the image below on Facebook or instagram and ask friends to join in.
- You can also share it on Pinterest using the Pinterest button at the bottom of the post.
- Join our Facebook group and connect with other women online who are doing this study!